What is the BIA?
Founded in 1992, by a group of like-minded business owners, Downtown Carleton Place has successfully organized and financed a wide variety of initiatives and programs that have assisted in the transformation of the business community and the surrounding neighbourhood.
Areas that Downtown Carleton Place focuses on:
- Street Beautification, Cleanliness and décor
- Safety and Security
- Brand Building, Marketing and Promotions
- Supporting Economic Development
- Liaise with the Town of Carleton Place, Carleton Place & District Chamber of Commerce and other downtown districts.
- Build mutually beneficial partnerships with outside organizations
We here at the Downtown Carleton Place we are incredibly proud of the significant contributions that the organization has made towards transforming our community into one of the most desirable locations to place to shop, to dine, to work, live and play.
Our volunteer Board of Directors is comprised of duly elected members from our local business and property owners’ community. They donate a significant amount of time and effort working on your behalf both at the board and committee level and are always strongly encouraging those in the community to become involved!
To be the active, vibrant and healthy commercial, retail, residential and entertainment centre of our town where people from within the community and surrounding areas live, shop, work and gather.
Goals of the BIA:
- To draw a larger customer base to the BIA area.
- To develop and strengthen the business community to be a unified body.
- To be the voice of BIA businesses.
- To make the BIA area an enjoyable experience for each person who visits.
- To reflect the concerns and needs of the BIA business community to all levels of government.
- To maintain and increase awareness of the BIA to BIA members
Benefits of the BIA:
- Coordinated efforts – more impact and profile in the community.
- Sustained funding – ongoing fiscal and marketing management provides the ability to plan programs in advance.
- Self reliance – provides the mechanism to raise money to be spent on useful projects within our area.
- Restore public image – the activities of the BIA raise the profile of the area by raising money to be spent on useful projects.
- Community benefits – to build a business area that is physically attractive, well marketed and successful.
Click Here to see our downtown map and bylaw.