Downtown Carleton Place: Digital Service Squad Leader
Downtown Carleton Place is currently seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidate for the position of a Digital Service Squad Leader (DSL). The Digital Main Street (DMS) program is the first of its kind globally and has experienced excellent traction since its launch in June 2016 (www.digitalmainstreet.ca)
The Downtown Carleton Place Digital Service Squad Leader (DSL) will help businesses on-board to the Digital Main Street platform and activate easy-to-use free tools to get them started on their digital journey.
1. On-boarding Assistance:
• Walk-through the on-boarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
• Assist the business in staying in touch with Digital Main Street by subscribing to the e-newsletter and social channels.
2. Advisory Services
• Once the business has been on-boarded to the Digital Main Street platform, the DSL will walk through the Digital Assessment and Recommendations with the business owner.
• The DSL will assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
• The DSL will also review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead the business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform.
3. Activation/Implementation Services
• The DSL will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e.: Building a Shopify store using the extended 30-day free trial, activating social media accounts, etc.).
• The DSL may also provide some resources (articles, links, how-to guides) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated, or subject matter of interest.
4. Reporting and Feedback
• DSL must complete their field notes and report on a weekly basis to the Downtown Carleton Place BIA Co-ordinator.
• DSL must attend Team Meetings as set out by the Downtown Carleton Place BIA Co-ordinator.
• Halfway through the employment term, an interim performance evaluation will occur to ensure a good fit.
The DSL may be required to attend workshops and events related to Digital Main Street. The purpose of which is to communicate the benefits of the program to business owners and to on-board them to the platform. There may be other duties, as required, that will be discussed with the BIA Co-ordinator should they arise.
Qualified applicants will:
• Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal).
• Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills.
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must be patient and understanding of entrepreneurs and their needs/schedules.
• Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment.
• Be able to travel and work independently in various spots in Downtown Carleton Place BIA.
• Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g.: web, social media, e-commerce, etc.).
• Be able to use basic software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Slack.
• Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset.
• Previous & proven experience working with small businesses in BIAs is a MUST.
This position is a contract position with Downtown Carleton Place BIA. The Digital Service Squad Leader will report, day-to-day to the Downtown Carleton Place BIA Co-ordinator, Kate Murray.
Please submit your resume to [email protected] by Wednesday July 31st, 2019.
Thank you & Good luck!