The BIA offers several programs for its membership:
BIA Bucks: The downtown currency
- A BIA Buck is our standard dollar used on a regular basis by the consumers in our community. BIA Bucks are an economic booster to our BIA members and enable shoppers to contribute to BIA retailers. The BIA Buck is available to the public and can be purchased from the BIA office. There is no expiry on the BIA bucks. BIA Bucks can be used at most Downtown Carleton Place businesses. Any issues using them please contact the Downtown Carleton Place BIA Office.
Facade Improvement: Beautifying our downtown
Addressing the Board
If you would like to address the board directly, we can add you on an upcoming Board meeting agenda as follows:
- The agenda will allocate 15-20 minutes for your presentation and board discussion. As such, I recommend you choose your highest priority topic (or perhaps two) for your presentation
- Your agenda submission must be received (at email@example.com ) at least one week before the BIA Board meeting date (BIA Board meetings occur the 2nd Wednesday of each month)
- Your agenda submission should include the
- The topic name
- A brief description of the need or goal
- All presentation material. Ideally in electronic form such as PowerPoint, but paper is acceptable.
- The concise “ask” of the board. This should be one sentence and will form the basis of a motion, should a board vote be appropriate.
- If your “ask” requires funds and/or BIA staff time, please come prepared to answer such questions during the meeting.
- This material will give the board sufficient time and information to prepare and thus maximize everyone’s time at the meeting.
Additionally, as a recommendation, before you give a presentation, I would encourage you to attend a few Board meetings so you can see what issues we face, what ideas are tabled and learn first-hand more about our mandate and how we are working to promote our downtown.
Planning an Event?
Events can draw visitors to experience our beautiful downtown. The BIA and the Town of Carleton Place host several great events. We also encourage business owners to work together to come up with their own events. Please consider:
- Sharing Facebook posts and videos
- The Downtown Carleton Place newsletter
- The Community Calendar
- The town digital signage
- Market Square, Town Hall, Hospital, etc.
- Contact our office to discuss other opportunities.
- BIA Co-operative Event and Advertising Grant Program
- Student Volunteer Hours: Would you like to obtain your volunteer hours quickly? Contact Kate at the Downtown Carleton Place BIA.
Volunteer Opportunities include, helping at all our events, with setup and tear down, helping beautification with weeding and litter disposal. Visiting stores to deliver posters and newsletters.
Please help us improve our activities.
Contact us with your feedback about any BIA activities and programs.
Real Estate & Retail Space Rental
Looking for real estate, need to rent storefront? Please contact one of our local Downtown Real Estate/Rental offices, they can help you with rentals or a purchase.