COVID-19: Help for businesses in Ontario
Learn about changes to government programs and available supports as your business recovers from COVID-19.
One-time grants and rebates of up to $1000 are available for eligible businesses to recover the costs of personal protective equipment (PPE), property tax and energy bills.
The BIA offers several programs for its membership:
BIA Bucks: The downtown currency
- A BIA Buck is our standard dollar used on a regular basis by the consumers in our community. BIA Bucks are an economic booster to our BIA members and enable shoppers to contribute to BIA retailers. The BIA Buck is available to the public and can be purchased from the BIA office. There is no expiry on the BIA bucks. BIA Bucks can be used at most Downtown Carleton Place businesses. Any issues using them please contact the Downtown Carleton Place BIA Office.
Facade Improvement: Beautifying our downtown
BIA Board Resources:
The BIA Board is working hard for you
- Board Members
- Previous Board Meeting Minutes
- Board Member Application Form
- Addressing the Board
- Ontario BIA Association Handbook
Town of Carleton Place Resources
Lanark and Government Resources
- Tourism Signage
- Census Data
- County Business Resources
- Tourism Information Center
- The Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce
Click Here to download the BIA 2020 Welcome Package as a PDF document.
Planning an Event?
Events can draw visitors to experience our beautiful downtown. The BIA and the Town of Carleton Place host several great events. We also encourage business owners to work together to come up with their own events. Please consider:
- Sharing Facebook posts and videos
- The Downtown Carleton Place newsletter
- The Community Calendar
- The town digital signage
- Market Square, Town Hall, Hospital, etc.
- Contact our office to discuss other opportunities.
- BIA Co-operative Event and Advertising Grant Program
- Student Volunteer Hours: Would you like to obtain your volunteer hours quickly? Contact Kate at the Downtown Carleton Place BIA.
Volunteer Opportunities include, helping at all our events, with setup and tear down, helping beautification with weeding and litter disposal. Visiting stores to deliver posters and newsletters.
Please help us improve our activities.
Contact us with your feedback about any BIA activities and programs.
Real Estate & Retail Space Rental:
Looking for real estate, need to rent storefront? Please contact one of our local Downtown Real Estate/Rental offices, they can help you with rentals or a purchase.