DOWNTOWN CARLETON PLACE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT AREA
JOB POSTING – Downtown BIA Coordinator
Help us keep Carleton Place “the place to be” for shoppers, employers and residents! The Downtown Carleton Place Business Improvement Association (BIA) supports the beautification and promotion of downtown Carleton Place.
Reporting to the BIA Board of Directors, the Coordinator is responsible for implementing the initiatives of the BIA Board, and for regularly engaging with the business community to foster relationships that directly support a healthy business climate in downtown Carleton Place.
Downtown BIA Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration of the BIA office.
- Act as recording secretary for Board and committee meetings.
- Prepare agendas, minutes and distribute documentation for meetings.
- Prepare and present Office Report for BIA Board meetings.
- Publish agendas and minutes on BIA website.
- Update the BIA website as required.
- Ensure all motions and minutes are properly recorded.
- Assist BIA members with their BIA questions and needs.
- Administer the overall BIA budget. Work with individual committees to help create and administer their budget.
- Work with the Board’s Treasurer to prepare the annual budget and present it to the Board, and to Council in time for annual budget deliberations.
- Be responsible for all accounting functions including compliance with established procurement policies, budget controls and reporting requirements to BIA Board.
- Purchase any products or services as required by the BIA, in accordance with the Board’s procurement policy and approved budget.
- Prepare and submit all accounts payable to the Town within two weeks of receipt of invoice.
- Administer the BIA Bucks program, in coordination with BIA Treasurer.
- Support the development and execution of any BIA marketing campaigns to encourage the growth of business in the BIA.
- Help organize the Annual General Meeting.
- Lead in the coordination and organization of events that promote visiting, shopping and dining in Downtown Carleton Place.
- Act as BIA representative at member’s events such as but not limited to business grand opening events.
- Act as administrator for Façade Improvement Grant and Cooperative Marketing and Events Grant and assist BIA Members to understand the requirements and eligibility for these programs.
- Create and execute digital marketing and social media plan of BIA, through Facebook, Instagram, website, etc.
- Produce and distribute the monthly BIA newsletter.
- Act as liaison between BIA membership, Board of Directors, Town of Carleton Place , Chamber of Commerce, Bray Construction, and other stakeholders.
- Handle all BIA correspondence with discretion and confidentiality.
- Develop marketing materials for various events.
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree or certification in relevant field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Budgeting experience is preferred.
- Experience acting as a committee secretary is an asset.
- Knowledge of Carleton Place community is an asset.
- Social media expertise is preferred.
- Grant writing skills are welcome.