If you would like to address the board directly, we can add you on an upcoming Board meeting agenda as follows:
- The agenda will allocate 15-20 minutes for your presentation and board discussion. As such, I recommend you choose your highest priority topic (or perhaps two) for your presentation
- Your agenda submission must be received (at email@example.com ) at least one week before the BIA Board meeting date (BIA Board meetings occur the 2nd Wednesday of each month)
- Your agenda submission should include the
- The topic name
- A brief description of the need or goal
- All presentation material. Ideally in electronic form such as PowerPoint, but paper is acceptable.
- The concise “ask” of the board. This should be one sentence and will form the basis of a motion, should a board vote be appropriate.
- If your “ask” requires funds and/or BIA staff time, please come prepared to answer such questions during the meeting.
- This material will give the board sufficient time and information to prepare and thus maximize everyone’s time at the meeting.
Additionally, as a recommendation, before you give a presentation, I would encourage you to attend a few Board meetings so you can see what issues we face, what ideas are tabled and learn first-hand more about our mandate and how we are working to promote our downtown.