Valentine’s Day is approaching, do you know how you will celebrate with your loved one? Here are five great ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Downtown Carleton Place:
- Grab a coffee at one of our cafés or coffee shops and go for a romantic stroll on the Ottawa Valley Rail Trail (OVRT).
- Choose from a wide range of downtown restaurants and eateries and enjoy a delicious meal while sipping a glass of wine.
- Get creative together and create a painting or painted sign or another craft project, or pick out the perfect present at any of our fabulous retail stores.
- Treat yourself and your loved one at one of our spas or salons. Look at feel great, just unwind with a relaxing massage.
- Step back in time, just in time for our 200th anniversary, with a visit to Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum or stop into the Visitor’s Centre for a brochure of the self-guided historical tour. Then, take a stroll through the downtown to discover our many murals together.
Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum – Feb.17 – Tea & Talk Presentation #1 – Love Tokens –Valentine’s Day is a romantic time for people to show their devotion to one another. Did you realize coin collecting includes romance too? Love tokens!
A love token is a coin that has been defaced by smoothing it down and engraving one or both sides. Coins were planed and engraved, then made into pins, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, stick pins and cufflinks, or simply made into pocket-piece love tokens. Join local coin collector Ryan Goode as he shares and discusses his collection of “Love Tokens” with us! We’ll bring out several love tokens from the Museum’s collection, and have them on display, along with an exhibit of vintage Valentine’s Day Postcards.This “Tea and Talk” takes place Sunday, February 17th at the Museum, from 1 – 3 pm.
Admission is $10, $5 for members, and includes tea and cookies!
We would love to see photos of you and your loved ones having fun in Downtown Carleton Place. Remember to use #DowntownCarletonPlace and don’t forget to tag us or check in.
Check out the Events Calendar to find out about great events and activities taking place in Downtown Carleton Place!
We wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day and hope to see you downtown soon.