A Downtown Christmas Open House in Carleton Place
Saturday, December 3, 2016
9 am to 3 pm
The goal of our Christmas Open House is to invite community members and customers into your place of business. It is an opportunity for them to meet you and your team, while learning more about your products or services. It is an excellent way to show your appreciation for your regular customers and their families. And it is the holiday season, after all, so why not spread that holiday cheer!
We have some fun family activities happening that day. Here are the highlights:
- Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Moore House
- Enjoy Zippy- E the Elf at Carambeck Community Center for two shows: 9:30 am and 11:00 am (tickets $4.00)
- Get creative at Santa’s Workshop at Carambeck Community Center hosted by the Civitan Club
- Come aboard the free horse-drawn trolley rides
- Find Frosty and Santa’s Elves out and about downtown
- Savour the Chocolate Party at The Granary
- Be a judge of the Storefront Decorating Contest. You decide who will win $100 in BIA Bucks
- Wisteria will be offering free refreshments, have a draw for a free gift and offer 15% OFF ALL purchases. Be sure to stop in.
- All consignment items at Apple Cheeks Consignment will be 10% OFF.
- Have the kids visit Sarah at Treasures ‘N’ More during the Open House. Sarah will have a Santa’s Little Helper Day. Kids can come into the store and she will help them pick out a gift for that special person in their lives. Mom, Dad, grandparents, teacher etc. She will also help them wrap it.
- Natasha Peterson will be at Bonanza Kidz at 10:30am. She will be reading her new book Nutty Neighbours and signing copies of the book. $2 of the sale of each book will be donated to a local charity during the month of December.
- The Good Food Co. at 31 Bridge Street will be serving a complimentary hot mulled cranberry drink as well as samples of various appetizers and sweets throughout the day. Drop in and check out this bustling, cozy cafe in the old Mac Williams Pharmacy space. If you would like to stay and partake of our Saturday brunch or lunch menus, reservations are highly recommended – 613-257-7284.
- At Dack’s Jewellers: 50% off everything, except watches and Chamilia Charm Bracelets.
- As Good As New Store: Silent Auction ends December 3rd at 3:00 pm. All proceeds go to Lanark County Interval House. Item 1:Breville Juicer retail value $260. Starting Bid $40.00;incremental bids $5.00. Item 2: Wii Sports Package retail value $300. Starting Bid $30.00; incremental bids $5.00. Both items can be viewed in store.
- The Dress Shop: Offering 15% off select labels and offering refreshments.
- Darlington Acupuncture and Massage Therapy: We will be offering herbal tea and healthy snacks. Providing info about our services and showcasing some products we carry. Essential oil roller blends, posture aids, ice and hot packs, soaps and more. We will also be offering a special when purchasing a gift certificate we will give the customer 20% off their next booking.
- Ink and Iron Tattoo: All December: Pick a Stocking Event:We will have an angel tree that will be for homeless youth and youth in Crisis who are involved with Cornerstone Landing. We also will have a little angel tree for a family we will be sponsoring. Bring in a gift card for Walmart or any other retailer worth at least 25$ or come pick an angel off the family tree, and bring back something off of the child’s “Santa List”, and you will get to pick a Stocking off the fireplace with gift cards inside ranging from 25$ to 150$.
Want your activity added to this list? Send the details of your ‘no purchase necessary’ activity to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 26, 2016 so we can include it in our promotions.
We will be promoting the Christmas Open House on our own social media, but we also strongly encourage all businesses to take advantage of their own followers and direct them to the Facebook Event dedicated to the Christmas Open House.
We are very excited and we hope you are too! If you should have any questions or feedback, please contact the Downtown Carleton Place Office.